Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Unmotivation and love.

I am entirely unmotivated today. I want nothing to do with school, work, anything. I want to make no effort whatsoever. But, life doesn't work like that. So here's what I've been thinking about lately.

Today I was listening to a radio show (not NPR, though I do LOVE NPR). The DJs were talking about marriage and diamond rings and such. One of them insisted that women will not stand for a cubic zirconium, blah blah blah. The reason he gave was that women get married "for the ring and the pageantry at the wedding". It's all for show, basically. It's all for everyone else. It's all superficial.

Nope. That's not it at all! It made me really sad... I want so much for our lives, our marriage.

I love him. I'm learning how to love him better, less selfishly. It's hard, but I'm learning.

I also love sunny days that turn into rain, walking hand-in-hand with Claire, listening to her sing made-up songs for 10+ minutes... It's so sweet. I also love weekends.

I realized a few days ago that my life will be completely, COMPLETELY, different in a year from now. I'm about to graduate college... Which means I'm done with school. Which means the routine and the way the year has worked all of my life is about to change. And then 8 months after that, we'll be married. And that's a HUGE, WONDERFUL change.

I'm excited for the advice people have to give us. If you're reading this, and you have any advice for engagement/wedding/marriage, please help. Thanks.

No comments: