Wednesday, April 8, 2009


Three passions have governed my life:
The longings for love, the search for knowledge,
And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].

Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness.
In the union of love I have seen
In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision
Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge.
I have wished to understand the hearts of [people].
I have wished to know why the stars shine.

Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens,
But always pity brought me back to earth;
Cries of pain reverberated in my heart
Of children in famine, of victims tortured
And of old people left helpless.
I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot,
And I too suffer.

This has been my life; I found it worth living.

- Bertrand Russell

I found this quote today and thought it appropriate. It's how I want to live my life.

Anyways, I said I would write more about spring break. I'd have to say it was the best one ever, though not as relaxing as I had hoped before it began. He proposed to me and I said yes. And screamed a lot. I was completely surprised, which was sweet. We spent hours and days with my family, and it was the perfect start to life. I feel so blessed to get to know this man, to spend time with him, laughing and talking and driving and just everything.

And now it's hard to return to school... classes and work and work again and homework and sleep and everything that just seems to get in the way of life. I just want to sit in this - to know him better and learn all that I want and need to learn.

I'm so excited to see where God leads us. What he teaches us through each other and through life. I'm so excited that I get to live life along with David.... It's gonna be fun.

No comments: