Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring and what to do with sprouting onions.



I don't normally eat onions. I can't cut them without wearing goggles or my eyes will burn like death... The consistency is weird and slimy. I really do like the taste, but don't want to have to go through the work or unforunate sliminess. However, I bought one a few weeks ago. They must've been on sale. As much as I try to eat the food that I have and not buy frivolously, I forgot about the onion in all of the excitement. Poor onion. I returned from spring break to see that he had sprouted (a lot) in the week I was gone. There's no eating him now, I thought.

What to do with a sprouted onion? It's raining today, and spring is finally sprung.

So... I planted the onion. Maybe he'll grow.


Spring and sprouts remind me of the resurrection. We read all four accounts of it this morning... After dark Friday, I can't wait for our celebration tonight.

I am greatly looking forward to this summer... Fresh fruit, garage sales and flea markets, yoga with friends, devouring books with no motivation except my own, speaking/hearing Spanish... all of it. Being a college graduate will be a plus too.

No comments: