Monday, February 9, 2009

Love 146.

www.love146.org

Margaret Walker said that [Love] “makes you big inside.” It is an ever expansion, an invitation, a freedom. Love is the greatest gift of all. Love lives in each one of us and invites others in. Love is found in the faces of mothers, fathers, friends. It lives in the hands that bring healing and end slavery. It breathes through words that give freedom and break chains. Love frees each child from a disgusting cage and whispers,



I am in a class this semester, a directed study about global human rights.




And that is all we can do. Stand together. Hold the babies and the children and show them love. And I don't yet know how to do that, how to go or stay and just love... I'm learning, I guess. And sometimes I get discouraged. Sometimes I think that I'll never be able to do that. But then I realize how much I've learned and grown in the past four years alone, and I am overcome with anticipation for what is next. And we will do it together, and we will love together.

And this:
Nelson Mandela said “education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”

That's all for now.

No comments: