Friday, February 20, 2009

Life as I know it.

Life as I know it is about to change. Sometime soon I want to write about my whole college career... so much has happened. So much has changed. I had an interview with the Dalit Freedom Network on Wednesday... I'm not sure if anything will come of it, but it was so interesting just to be there. The woman I met was great, and she seemed pretty enthusiastic about a possible job for me (when/if money comes in), even going so far as to suggest that she might need some sort of assistant. So, if you're wanting to donate to a great non-profit anytime soon, DFN should be the one! But really - they do amazing things. They are a branch of OM and work with the Dalits (the "untouchables", the lowest caste in India). They provide schooling, healthcare, support groups, and jobs for the Dalits. They are doing amazing work, and you should definitely check them out. Oh, how I would love to be a part of that. To work for an organization like that right out of college would be amazing. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up, and still searching and sending out resumes like crazy! [If anyone has any connections with non-profits or humanitarian organizations here in Denver, let me know!] I'm just so ready to move on. I LOVE the kids I nanny for... They're so precious. They drive me absolutely crazy, but little moments keep me going.
Running with Claire on the playground
Reading with Daniel
Laughing with Katie and Jen
Having real conversations with them
Sharing my life with them
Singing along to music: High School Musical, Disney Princesses, Taylor Swift, and Coop's cd.

There's so much more that I love, but these things keep me going. And I love the things I do and the girls I live with and my friends and life right now... But I feel stagnant. The things they try to preach at us in chapel make me want to run away screaming from this place. I'm so done with force-fed Christianity... I'm already living it (I hope), and want to live it for real, in the real world. Get me out of this bubble!

Anyways... So much has happened in college, and I can't wait to read my journals and just process through it. That will have to wait, though, until May 9. I can't wait to see what's next in life!

Oh, I want to travel again. I already miss it like crazy. I'm content right now, waiting for the next chapter, but I want that next chapter to include a trip. Just one. Please? If I worked for DFN (dreamin', here), I could go to India! That would be amazing. I already listen to the Slumdog Millionare soundtrack everyday... I'm pretty much an expert on Indian culture, now.
No, but really. I would love to go there. Nepal, maybe? Peru? Africa again? We'll see.

I need to have a garage sale come May... I have too much stuff for living how I want to live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

South America! Ecuador or Peru or Bolivia...So many great countries. I am excited that you get to move on to a different phase of life soon! I like that you're a year ahead of me, showing how it's done. Keep it up, friend.