Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tea.

Since I got sick on Thursday, I've been rediscovering the joys of tea. Last night I had a cup of 'Tension Tamer' (which is delicious despite the lame name), and found this quote on the back of the box.

It's talking about wildflowers...

"We can only hope to be like them, serene, aware, confident, surely born of simply sun, water and time".

And that reminds me of Matthew 6, where it talks of the lilies of the field. "They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you?" (Matthew 6:28-31)

I'm always glad for reminders.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I got sick on Tuesday, and as I read your blog, I was reminded of my Tension Tamer that was getting cold in the other room because I forgot about it. When I'm sick, I forget things. Thanks for the reminder of tea and lillies...it has encouraged me to post...check it out! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you should be on a constant drip of antibiotics.