Monday, November 3, 2008

africa.

i feel like someone just died. and in a sense, he did. my view of him did. the man that joked with us, lead us in bible studies every morning, took care of us, gave us advice, and loved us... isn't who we thought he was.

www.dorcaschildrenshome.blogspot.com

is there anywhere in africa that isn't corrupt? i'm discouraged...

i'm discouraged for myself and the fact that i know even less what i want to do with my life. i can't handle the corruption and sadness and hopelessness of africa...
i'm discouraged for ash and the fact that her trip that she was planning to take back to dorcas (uganda) this summer has fallen apart with a simple email.
i'm SO discouraged for chris and kami. they gave so much of themselves to this home and those boys...
i'm so sad and discouraged for the girls (and boys) at dorcas. what are they going to do?

i don't understand. i'm mad and i'm sad and i feel like i've just lost someone. and i have.

1 comment:

Tony's 2 Cents said...

I just spent a ton of time reading through the Dorcas home post. Which then led me to page through all the older posts with shock and sadness. I grieve with you and I don't even know these people, but I know God's heart for these children and I am really hurt for them all. Thanks for sharing this. It's not easy, and for Chris and Kami--what they must be going through. I will pray for you all.